Monday, February 11, 2013

Fun in the Rainy Snow

I definitely did not win mother of the year status this winter for taking AJ out in the snow!  It was only today - a few days after the blizzard - that I took AJ outside to experience the snow that had fallen.  I felt like if I took him out before some of the snow had melted, I would have lost my son in the white abyss!  The snow was so stinkin' tall - taller than my AJ!  So even though it was a bit rainy today, we still went out and had fun in the rainy snow anyway!

_MG_4357
My little man was so happy to be outside in the fresh air!

_MG_4358
'Whoa.. that's a lot of white stuff'

_MG_4366
Even with everything that had melted already, the snow was still almost as tall as AJ!

_MG_4373
Hi mom!

_MG_4375
He had a little fall while trying to navigate the slushy mess which explains his wet bottom!

_MG_4379
Playing with his beach toys in the snow.

_MG_4389
Filling up his snow castle mold...

_MG_4390
Mommy showed him how to make snow castles!

_MG_4400
And AJ proceeded to try and demolish those snow castles with his shovel!

_MG_4401
So excited!

_MG_4407
Look at that face.. he was clearly trying to get away with something!

_MG_4418
And he completely demolished all of them! Sad Mommy!

_MG_4426
Running around.

_MG_4429
Then he found a huge puddle of melted snow which he thought was super fun to play in. 

_MG_4433
More running around!

_MG_4436
Time to inspect the rocks under the snow.

_MG_4440
He had another little slip on the slush, but luckily he didn't get hurt.

_MG_4444
My heart.

_MG_4445
His hands look so cold, but he refused to wear gloves!

_MG_4448
Inspecting the driveway.

_MG_4450
I just love this side profile shot of him.

_MG_4460
Now it was time to play with his truck...

_MG_4461
..Off it goes!

_MG_4462
'Look how far it went Mom!'

_MG_4468
'I hear something...'

_MG_4469
'I see something too!'

_MG_4472
We found the birds on the feeder... they were quite sing-songy today!  Hopefully spring is coming soon!



No comments:

Post a Comment