Monday, November 14, 2011

10 Day Challenge - Day 2


Day 2 - Nine Loves
Aside from the obvious loves in life - my hubby, my child, my animals, family and friends...

1.  Traveling. My semester in Australia kick started my love for traveling and I haven't looked back.  Seeing the world will never get old.  It's a little bit harder to travel nowadays, but I hope to share my love of travel with my little one when he gets a bit older. 

2.  Darren Hayes.  He's an amazing singer and a songwriter.  I used to get teased a lot for liking him because he's not the normal rock'n'roll kinda guy, but that never stopped me.  I dare you to pick up one of his albums and really listen to his songs.  You won't regret it. 

3.  Photography.  I always said if accounting didn't work out for me that I would love to become a photographer.  And even though accounting did work out for me (kind of - not as of late!), I've been able develop my photography skills on the side and even schedule some awesome sessions.  I can't wait to see what the future holds for me (and my sister) in the photography world. 

4.  Goofy and anything Disney.  My sister and I were very fortunate as young kids to go down to Disney World every other year with our parents.  From these experiences, I've grown to love the character Goofy and to this day, anything related to Goofy makes me smile and takes me back to my childhood.  I will add that it's pretty cool that the Goofy character was introduced on my birthday - May 25th - approximately 50 years before I was born in 1932.

5.  Rainbow-colored anything.  I love bright colors and I've always loved anything that had a rainbow theme color to it.  As I've grown up, the rainbow has become associated with homesexuality, but that hasn't changed my opinion on it.  I love it!

6.  Palm trees and turquoise waters.  This is my happy place.  An ideal vacation would involve going to a place with these two things.  And these things also inspired my bridal shower.  I love everything about them.  

7.  Music.  I think as a dancer this is a given.  You almost always need music to dance, which is why I love a good beat.  But I'm also a sucker for song lyrics.  The beat is usually what catches my ear in the first place, but then if it has good lyrics - I'm in love. 

8.   Dancing.  I've been dancing for over 26 years now and I can't imagine life without it.  Right now, the only dance-type thing I'm doing is zumba, but don't worry - you can sometimes catch me doing a jig in my living room or kitchen with AJ in tow.  We love to dance together!

9.  Beer.  I don't love beer because it is alcohol.  I love beer because it has brought Michael and I closer.  It is something we both enjoy and it has brought us on many adventures together. 

No comments:

Post a Comment