Saturday, May 11, 2013

Mother's Day Presents

I saw a picture on a friend's facebook page of a cute Mother's Day present.  It was a picture of the sun made by the child's handprints and then the words 'You Are My Sunshine' written on it.  It was super duper cute and I was all about having AJ do an art proejct as a present for Babcia and Grandma.  I went and bought all the art supplies yesterday and painted the canvases a beautiful sky blue last night and let them sit overnight so they would be dry for today's handprint project.  Fast forward to this evening where I stripped AJ down to his diaper (I knew it would be a bit messy!), dipped his hand into the fingerpaint and then tried to get a flat handprint on the canvas and cue the fidgety-ness and whining.  AJ DID NOT want to make handprints - he wanted to fingerpaint instead.  So out the window went the handprint idea and the Mother's Day presents were now going to be an original AJ creation of yellow and orange fingerpaint on a sky blue canvas.  I ended up writing 'You Are My Sunshine' on them anyway to try and go with the theme of AJ's grandmother's being a light of sunshine in his life - but there was definitely no painted reference to a sun at all in his AJ's creation other than some yellow paint!  We hope his grandmother's like them - he put lots of love into his creation!


_MG_5297
In mid-creation of Baba's painting

_MG_5300
So proud of himself!

_MG_5302
Hard at work

_MG_5304
Little more yellow

_MG_5305
So cute!

_MG_5307
Figuring out if he wants to do more and let it be

_MG_5310
He decided he was done with Baba's... now on to Grandma's

_MG_5313
Some yellow for the 'sunshine' part of it

_MG_5314

_MG_5316
Add a little bit of orange

_MG_5317
Look at those hands - what a mess!

_MG_5318

_MG_5321
Uh oh.. got some on my chest!

_MG_5323
'Hey.. I'm trying to create a masterpiece over here!'

No comments:

Post a Comment