Wednesday, June 1, 2011

35 Weeks

Can you say holy swelling?! Little Sevigny has decided to wreak havoc on mommy's feet and ankles.  By the end of the day, my toes look like mini sausages, my feet are all puffed up and my ankles are no longer cankles - they are facankles (pronounced fuh-cankles - yes, I now make up my own words!).  I know it's not really my little one's fault, it's more due to this horrible heat and weather, but if it wasn't for my peanut in my belly I wouldn't be having these issues!! It's alright though - he/she is so totally worth it and I would deal with it the entire pregnancy if I had to (please God, do not allow this to happen for my next pregnancy - haha)!

My feet normally (don't make fun of my tiger paws!)

My poor swollen feet - and this isn't even on one of the really bad days!
 
I've started going to the doctor every week now.  At my last appointment, my blood pressure had gone up significantly and I had a 7lb weight gain so the doc wanted to monitor me and make sure it's not due to hypertension/preeclampsia.  [Sidenote -I'm pretty sure the increase in BP was due to the fact that they weighed me first and then took my BP - umm... hello? Did you see that I just gained 7lbs?!?!?! Of course my BP was going to be up! DUH!]  Luckily though, when I went this morning my BP had dropped a little bit and I only had a 2lb weight gain.  The nurse is convinced that the huge weight gain in the past three weeks is due to my swelling, which of course I whole-heartedly agree with!  :)   

I finally was able to meet another doctor in the practice this week, too - Dr. Hendsch.  There are about 8 or so doctors in the practice I go to and I had only met 2 before this morning's appointment.  They try to have you meet all of the doc's before you go into labor so you feel comfortable with whoever is gonna be down in your hoo-ha area!  Hopefully I'll be meeting some other ones in the weeks to come. But anyway, Dr. Hendsch was really nice.  She told me that I'm measuring just perfectly and the baby's head is down, he/she weighs about 6lbs and the heartbeat was in the 150s.  YAY!  It seems as though our little one is perfect!! :)




As for a nursery update - it's ALMOST ready for pictures, I promise!  Just a few more things to do/clean and pictures will be posted.   I've washed all of the blankets and clothing we received at the shower and it's all put away.  I also got a chance to vacuum and febreze the glider and bleach all of the toys we bought off of craigslist.  I swear, I think I was in nesting mode this past week!  Hopefully the next post will have the long-awaited nursery pics!  


No comments:

Post a Comment