Saturday, June 18, 2011

Baby Sevigny's Nursery

The long awaited nursery pictures have finally arrived!  I wish I would have taken a picture of what the room looked like before to show the awesome transformation, but I completely forgot to do that!  EPIC fail Melissa!!  Either way though, Michael and his Dad did an awesome job of getting the room ready - the spackling of all the holes in the walls left from the previous owners, the two-tone painting, the chair rail, the wallpaper border (I helped with this!) and everything else!  It looks fantastic guys - thank you so much! :)

I knew I wanted to do something different in the room other than just plain yellow or green since our little one is a surprise - so when I found this bedding set online, I was ecstatic!  And luckily for me, when I showed it to Michael he really liked it too! (Phew.. what a relief!)  The theme is 'Down Under' and it definitely brings me back to my study abroad days in Australia.  And what could be better than kangaroos, koalas and crocodiles?!  Michael and I figure if we raise our child to love Australia, hopefully he/she will want to study abroad like his/her mommy did and we'll have a reason to go visit the beautiful country!!  Nothing like trying to brainwash our kid during infancy!  haha ;)









I must give props to my sister, Kimberly and my momma, Kathleen for finding us the glider and changing table on craigslist for super cheap!  They are both bargain hunters and found us those two great deals! Thanks ladies!

No comments:

Post a Comment