Friday, June 24, 2011

Saying Goodbye....

Michael and I picked up our new car this afternoon!  We traded in my 2004 Toyota Corolla (aka Sydney) for a used 2011 Hyundai Sonata.  We originally had planned on keeping Sydney and driving it into the ground because she was such a reliable car and we really had no need to buy a new car.  But once I had the carseat installed, we realized it was a little too small for our liking.  I felt super cramped while driving because I had to move the seat closer to the wheel so it wasn't touching the car seat.  And the backseat was virtually non-existent now because the carseat took up a lot of space so we would never be able to take anyone else with us in the car.  So we had started talking about trading in Sydney (so sad!) for something a bit bigger, but nothing too extravagant.  Well, we went out on Tuesday afternoon after my doctor's appointment to look at cars and we ended up coming home having purchased one!  It was a bit of a surprise to us, but they gave us such a good deal on the Sonata and and my beloved Sydney as a trade-in, that we couldn't pass it up.  It was definitely tough saying goodbye to my beloved Sydney, but I made sure to take a picture with her before we parted ways!

My love, Sydney
Our new ride, the Sonata

Oh, and I must mention that we are now a family of silver cars.  Sydney at least used to switch it up a little bit because she was blue (indigo ink pearl, to be exact), but we now have three silver cars - the 4Runner, the Civic and now the Sonata.  I used to poke fun at Michael's parents because all three of their cars are the exact same color, maroon - but I guess I can't do that anymore.  Sad.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment