Friday, June 13, 2014

ER Visit

Right before we were about to leave the house to go look at some houses this afternoon, I had to change Chloe's diaper.  As I was picking her up from the changing table, her fingers hit my right eye at just the right angle and I knew something was wrong; I just about doubled over with pain.  Luckily, Michael was home to take Chloe from me so I could try to recover without having to hold and carry her around.  I figured after a little bit my eye would recover and I would be fine so we headed quickly to the drugstore on the way to pick up some drops and then we were off to the houses in Griswold and Preston.  

I can't even keep my right eye open as we drive to the houses

But by the time we were done looking at the houses, my eye was not getting any better.  It still felt like there were shards of glass in there.  I thought maybe I was just being a baby so we went home and I tried to tough it out.  But after about 30 minutes or so, I couldn't take it anymore.  We asked my parents to come to our house to watch the kiddos so Michael could take me to the ER.  We then spent a few hours at the ER where I was given some numbing drops for the pain (such relief the second those were dropped int!) and I was then diagnosed with a corneal abrasion (aka a cut on my cornea).  Chloe really got me good this time around!  I have to use drops for the next week or so and hopefully my eye will heal on its own and I will be back to good as new.  Here's hoping it will be that easy!  

After getting home from the ER, I was so happy to finally be able to keep my eye open.

No comments:

Post a Comment