Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Gingerbread Fun!

It was a super snowy day today and I decided I wasn't going to risk having Grandma and Grandpa come down to watch the kiddos.  My job isn't that important that it can't wait until tomorrow to be done and to risk the safety of others!  So today was going to be a fun indoor play day for AJ!  While little sister was taking her morning nap, I decided to break out the gingerbread kit that Grandma had gotten AJ for a snowy day.  The minute I took it out AJ was super excited and couldn't wait to decorate the cookies!  In addition to the candy and frosting that came with the kit, we used different colored cooking icing to spruce up the gingerbread men.  AJ had tons of fun with the icings and candy - I definitely caught him sneaking a few bites of the candy.  In the end, I'm surprised we even had any candy leftover to decorate with! haha

Morning awake time before her nap.

Out like a light!

_MG_2620
Let the gingerbread fun begin!

_MG_2623
Having fun!

_MG_2624
Excited!

_MG_2627
Our first Gingerbread man...in process.

_MG_2632
Our finished product!

_MG_2634
Paying attention to detail.

_MG_2637
And this is where the candy eating began...

_MG_2644
Caught red-handed!

_MG_2652
Look at that red tongue!

_MG_2660
AJ's second creation.

_MG_2665
The candy eating continued...

_MG_2670
And more candy was consumed.

_MG_2673
Our last creation - he told me this was decorated in the likes of his sister!

_MG_2679
The spiffy gingerbread cookies!

No comments:

Post a Comment