Saturday, February 1, 2014

Aquarium Fun

We were planning on having a quiet day at home today, but then Auntie Lauren and I started texting each other and she asked us if we wanted to join her and the fam at Mystic Aquarium for the afternoon.  It's been a while since we've gone out as a family and with the artic weather subsiding for the day (it was a warm 45 degrees out today!) we decided we would give it a shot and go! Yay for spontaneity!  We also decided to buy a season pass since it paid for itself if we went more than twice this season... so now we have another reason to go this coming year!!

While I was back in the van nursing Chloe, everyone went to the white beluga whales exhibit.  And once I joined in, we were all looking at the fishies, jellyfish, seahorses, sharks and eels inside the main gallery.  Then it was off the penguins, the sting rays, a short 4D fill about some artic animals including polar bears and penguins and then the sea lion show!  Chloe stayed awake for almost every exhibit today and AJ was super excited to see all the cool fish and penguins.. he LOVED the penguins!!

We finished our day with a nice lunch at Friendly's... well, I should say Michael had a nice lunch at Friendly's with the whole gang.  I had to go back out to the car to nurse Chloe and AJ didn't want to leave my side so he was with me as well.  I didn't mind leaving the restaurant and having to nurse her...because I know soon enough she won't need me like she does now so I'm trying to cherish these times as much as I can!

Overall, it was a fun day with family!  We can't wait to go back!

Cool jellyfish  

More jellyfish 

Enjoying the eels

It's gonna get you! 

So big! 

PENGUINS! 

He loved these little ones...

Daddy, AJ and the penguins

Family pic with the penguins!

No comments:

Post a Comment