Friday, February 14, 2014

Sevigny Stories

  • *Disclaimer: Before I explain this story, it is necessary you know that AJ is obsessed with his United States puzzle.  He knows where almost every state goes and one of his favorite states is Texas.*
    • Grandpa called tonight to remind us that it was five years ago tonight (Valentine's Day) that we made the trip to Bradley Airport in Hartford in pick up our new puppy, Timber.  As we were talking about it, AJ started asking questions so I explained to him that Timber was born in Texas and then flew up on an airplane from Texas to Connecticut to live with us in his forever home. After I explain it all to him, he keeps saying 'Timbuurr born in Texas'.  I keep saying yes and then he tells us to wait a minute (yup, my kid sure does tell us to wait a minute! Crazy!) and he goes up the stairs and comes back down with his Texas puzzle piece.  He wanted to show us the state that Timber was born in.  He was so proud of himself!  And Mommy and Daddy were so proud of him too...to understand what we were telling him and then associating it with his United States puzzle... this kid blows our mind with his comprehension skills!  We're so lucky he is a smarty pants!
  • AJ came out of the bedroom this morning and saw that I had just finished nursing Chloe and was sitting with her on the couch.  He came straight over to us, climbed up on the couch and put his arms around both of us and said 'I wuv you guys'.  My heart melted right there on the spot.  

No comments:

Post a Comment