Monday, August 20, 2012

A Visit with my Aussie Friend

I met Matty back in 2003 when I studied abroad in Australia.  He was one of the college guys at Emmanuel College at the University of Queensland who helped the American kids transition and settle into Australian life while we were.  And he seriously is one of the nicest mates you will meet!  He came to visit the States back in 2004 and Kimmy and I took him for a visit to NYC and I also showed him some sites around CT.  Well, fast forward to 2012 and lots has happened since our last visit with him - marriages, kids, photography, etc.  What a surprise it was when I got an e-mail from him a few weeks back asking if we would be around today for a bit to catch up!  He and his wife, Carmen were in the States for a conference in San Diego and because Carmen hadn't been to the east coast yet, they decided to travel over our way!  Our visit with him, even though it was only for a few hours, was fantastic and it was so nice catching up with him and meeting Carmen!  Until we see each other again, Matty and Carmen! :)


 



No comments:

Post a Comment