Saturday, May 26, 2012

My Surprise 30th Party!

Everyone in our family has had a surprise 30th birthday party so I figured my hubby or sister would throw one for me as well.  (I might have demanded one too - but who's really asking?!)  I was told to not snoop around and to just let the little elves do their work.  Well, when my actual birthday came around and there was no party, I figured it had to be either the next day or the day after that.  I had a feeling my 5k race put a dent in their plans when trying to plan it so they would have to have it the day after my birthday because they wouldn't want me eating lots of cake before the race! And I was right!  Sarah had come down the night before and stayed over, then we did the race and came back to our house to shower up and hang out before she headed back to MA for the night.  After getting cleaned up from the race, Sarah and I headed over to my parents house where AJ was because Michael supposedly was helping my cousin Matt stain his deck.  The plan was Sarah was going to say goodbye to AJ and go back to MA. But, surprise surprise - there were a whole lot of cars in my parents driveway - my surprise party was today! YAY!!  I had so much fun seeing all my friends and family - I couldn't have asked for a better day!  (Those downpours could have stayed away - but other than that - the day was perfect!)  Thanks to my hubby and family for throwing it for me! :)

Unfortunately we didn't take a lot of pictures today - shame on us! - but the ones we have show we had a good time!

Some of my girls met me when I got out of my car

AJ got to wear my 30 glasses for a quick second!

Auntie Lauren and AJ

Yummy cake by The Cake Lady, again


Loving the palm trees and turquoise waters on my cake!



AJ hanging out with Cioci Sue, but wanting Mommy of course! 

Michael had a tough time trying to light the candles, he eventually had to shield them from the wind with his hands or else they wouldn't stay lit!

I think they had already blown out before I had the chance to blow them out!



Yay - I did it - I'm 30!

Buddy and AJ





No comments:

Post a Comment