Saturday, April 9, 2011

Our Babymoon 4/2 - 4/9

As I mentioned in my last post, Michael and I decided to take a babymoon to Orlando, Florida to enjoy some 'us' time before our little one arrives.  The trip didn't start out so great as I was super sick and ended up making a trip to the walk-in clinic the day before we left.  The doctor prescribed me a z-pack (pregnancy approved!) to help with the nasty congestion, icky cough and my lost sense of taste and smell.  And luckily for me, by the time Monday rolled around I was feeling a lot better and could finally taste and smell (but the cough was still lingering)!  Unfortunately though, Michael started to come down with a bit of a cough as I started to feel better.  But his didn't seem to wreak as much havoc on him as mine did on me and he was still able to enjoy our trip!


We didn't have a lot planned as we just wanted to relax and enjoy our time together, but we ended up keeping pretty busy while down there: we did some shopping at the Premium Outlets, visited Mickey, Minnie, Donald and Goofy at Epcot, Magic Kingdom and Hollywood Studios (thanks to my old AC friend Shelly and her hubby, Jolyon!), made a trip to Gatorland, saw Manny Ramirez play his last game at Tropicana Field - Home of the Tampa Bay Devil Rays, and even visited a couple of breweries (sans beer for me - sad!).  All in all, it was a nice, relaxing trip in sunny Orlando!! 


Our ride for the week

Our home for the week - Sheraton Vistana Villages
Outside of Spaceship Earth at Epcot


Gatorland!
Michael being silly

Couldn't pass up this photo op!

Michael enjoying his gator nuggets (gross!!) at Gatorland
We saw some Gator Wrestlin'

This bird ate the fish right after I took this picture and swallowed it in one whole piece... ick!

The gators were kind enough to let me take a pic of them


We were excited about this BBQ meal until we started to eat it... it was disappointing!

Enjoying a beer at Cigar City Brewing


We look happy here, but we were really ticked off that the stadium is domed. I couldn't work on my tan - boo!

This was taken at Magic Kingdom right after I had cried my little eyes out because I had just seen Mickey, Minnie, Donald and Goofy!


Enjoying our time at Hollywood Studios

Michael hamming it up during our lunch at Joe's Crab Shack

Walking around the Sheraton Vistana Villages property

No comments:

Post a Comment