Wednesday, April 13, 2011

28 Weeks

I had my 28 week check-up today and everything is going well.  I'm measuring right where I'm supposed to be, the baby's heartbeat is in the 140-150s, and I passed my glucose test! YAY! :)  I had been a bit concerned about the glucose test because about a half-hour after drinking the sugary solution on Monday, I began to feel really nauseous and I had the feeling that I was going to throw up.  The waiting room also seemed to get really warm, really fast - it was as if I was sitting in a sauna - so I had to take some layers off (don't worry - I had a shirt on underneath them all!).  The only way I could think of to help shake the nausea was to stand up and walk around the little waiting area.  Luckily for me, it did the trick!  After about ten minutes it faded away just as quickly as it came - thank goodness!

The reason why this concerned me though was because my first glucose test experience was a lot different.   [Due to my high BMI, when I found out I was pregnant I had to complete a glucose test as a precautionary measure.]  The first time around, I drank the solution and then an hour later my blood was drawn and I was out the lab door, free and clear.  The only weird feeling I had that I remember was some tingling in my legs, but other than that I felt fine.  So for the second time around to be so different, I became a little concerned and thought maybe I had failed the test, but I didn't.  Woohoo!

In other news, it seems as though I've finally escaped the superbug that has been floating around my family for the past two months.  I still have a minor cough that is lingering around, but I can handle that.. now I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that it is gone for good this time and won't come back!


No comments:

Post a Comment