Sunday, December 22, 2013

Two Months!

It's been a trying month to say the least.  Our sweet little girl has been crying so much and we don't know what is wrong.  She's inconsolable at many points throughout the day, but it is at its worst at night.  No one can calm her down, not even Baba the baby whisperer.  Let me rephrase that, no one other than Mommy can calm her and the only way I can calm her down is if I nurse her.  We've taken her to Dr. Long and he thinks it *might* be reflux, but he's not entirely convinced.  It could be gas (she sure does toot a lot), colic, a dairy allergy, etc. We put her on one medicine, but after a week and no changes, Dr. Long decided to change to Omeprazole.  The jury is still out on this medication as she only started it on the 11th and there are some other variables involved so we'll see how it goes.  The other variables are that I've stopped dairy to see if that could be part of it, I've brought her for cranio sacral therapy in Hartford and we've stopped formula all together.  All of these other items could be helping out too so we're waiting it out to see what happens...

She's had a bought of baby acne all over her face this month, but even with all of that she's still the cutest little girl I know!  She is so alert these days and is starting to show that beautiful smile of hers.  She is not a fan of the swing, but does like the papasan chair as long as it's on vibrate!  Mommy has returned to work for a couple of days and has had to leave her with both sets of grandparents, but she has survived and didn't seem to miss Mommy all that much.  She loves when I sing 'Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes' to her and when I do bicycle legs with her.  AJ is still doting on her and is very possessive when we go out.  If someone tries to come near her, he will let them know that she is 'My Chloe'!!  It really is adorable!  He loves to give his little sister kisses and hugs and she seems to eat them right on up.  When Chloe is crying, AJ will scream right back at her and when I tell him that what he is doing is scaring her and it's not nice, his reply is that 'I try to make her happy, Momma'.  How cute is that!?  And Chloe might be a little bit of a Daddy's girl as lately it seems that Daddy can calm her down every once in a while.

We're in the early stages of starting a sleep routine and it seems as though I might have one that **knock on wood** is going to sleep through the night.  I wrap her up in the Swaddle Me blanket and she sleeps like a dream for about 7-10 hours depending on the night.  Mommy still isn't getting a lot of sleep though because I have to pump smack dab in the middle of the night around 1/2am.  Soon enough I will though.. soon enough.

Happy two months Chloe Kathleen!

_MG_2152

_MG_2145
Those eyes crack me up!

_MG_2176

_MG_2187
Chloe and her little bird mouth

_MG_2191

_MG_2202

_MG_2206
My serious little girl

_MG_2211'Oooh.. I'm two months!!'

_MG_2216
She's totally beginning to have a dimple... YES!

_MG_2216a
See?!  And the pigment on her chin is starting to become a bit more prominent as well.

_MG_2219

_MG_2221
he's getting to be such a big girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment