Saturday, November 10, 2012

A Walk in the Woods

After our lazy morning, we received a phone call from Miss Katie and Allie, who were at Babcia and Dziadzi's, wanting us to come over.  Of course we obliged - we never pass up on an opportunity for cousin time!

Once we got to Baba and Dziadzi's, Dziadzi suggested we take a walk in the woods.  It had been years since I've been in the woods behind my parents house so it was nice to take the kids and get back to the place where I went for fun when I was a kid.  Once we passed the two ponds, we found a large tree that had fell down in one of the recent storms so we used that as our resting place and the kids decided to make their own fun!

Katie was so proud of herself walking on the tree unassisted!

Concentrating.

Allie needed a little help from Dziadzi to get around the branch.

AJ thought he would give it a try...

Still working up the courage...

But then he decided he would just supervise the girls along with Dziadzi!

All smiles!

Smiles turned into a frown when he realized the girls weren't near him anymore.

My little supervisor watching Katie come towards him.

Katie absolutely loves her little cousin!

Best of friends.

Dziadzi and the grandkids (minus Madeline) take 1

Take 2

Clearly take 3 was a failure!

Take 4

Take 5

And take 6 was a keeper!

Katie actually asked me to take a picture of us... clearly I obliged!

One of my absolute favorite pics of us!



No comments:

Post a Comment