Saturday, May 14, 2011

Showered With Love

I woke up this morning and I was feeling a bit snoopy!  Based on some information I had heard from a friend a while back, who shall remain nameless for fear of getting in trouble with Kimmy, I had determined that this was the weekend of my surprise baby shower.  I wasn't sure if it was Saturday or Sunday though - Michael and I had events scheduled for both days so I was a little confused as to what event was the cover-up.   Was it Conner and Cameron's birthday party today or was it my goddaughter Lilly's First Communion tomorrow?!  Both seemed like legit events, but I was still convinced one of them was a cover-up!

So, of course, me being the snoopy sniffer I am, I called Kimmy to find out what she was doing.  She told me she had just put Allie down for a nap and Jason and her were going outside to cut the lawn since it was supposed to rain later in the day.  (True story - it was supposed to rain!)  So then I'm thinking, hmmm... that sounds kinda fishy - Kimmy is usually the one to cut the lawn, not Jason.  So off I go to call my mom.  I call the house and no one answers.  I call her cell phone and she picks up! She tells me she's at the Town of Sprague Plant Sale, but the sound emitting from the phone did not scream plant sale to me.  It was very quiet in the background and her voice echoed a bit, almost like she was in a big, empty room.  A big, empty room where she would be setting up for my shower!!!  BINGO!!!  Today was the day!

So I went about getting ready for the day and kept asking Michael questions to try and get him to crack, but he held the secret in so well!  We finally were on our way to Conner and Cameron's birthday party, but somehow we needed to stop at the Town of Sprague Senior Center....oh that's right - because that's where my shower was! YAY!!!!   We went up in the elevator and once the door opened I was overwhelmed!  There were some shouts of 'SURPRISE' and lots of friendly faces with beautiful smiles and the presents... oh boy, were there presents!! :)

The AWESOME invitation that goes along with our nursery theme


I told you there were LOTS of presents - Baby Sevigny is so spoiled already!

I was a princess for the day with my crown and sash!

Yummy-in-my-tummy cake made by The Cake Lady to match our nursery theme!

I love koalas!

And kangaroos too!

Good food provided by Q-Haven BBQ






Why did no one from my family get me Yankees gear?  Seriously people - EPIC FAIL!

Blondie and I - we're three weeks apart!

'Hmmm... I think this might be my travel system!'


Adorable kangaroo card!
Pics of diaper cake to follow once I get pics from others!

As you can see, our baby shower was absolutely perfect!  We were so overwhelmed with the love and generosity shown to us by all of our family and friends - Baby Sevigny is already so loved and so spoiled rotten!!  Thank you to everyone who made our day so special - we are forever grateful to you all! 





1 comment:

  1. Aside from you being a snoopy little sniffer the morning of the shower, we almost pulled it off with it being a complete surprise. So happy you enjoyed the details of the shower :)

    ReplyDelete