Friday, March 15, 2013

Last (and first!) Ride in the Silver Bullet

Michael and I have been talking about possibly getting a van for a while now.  We know that when we decide to have a second child, all of the gear and every other little thing we need just won't fit into the Sonata.  Let me rephrase that - it might fit into the Sonata, but it won't be pretty.  We would like to have the luxury of having a bit of extra room in addition to having all the gear and everything but the kitchen sink in the new car.  And the Silver Bullet (Michael's 2007 two-door Honda Civic) is starting to have some problems so we figure it's time to offload it before we have to put some major $$ into it.  So I had Cioci Kimmy on the lookout for a used van and I decided to look too.  We initially found what we thought to be a good deal on a 2012 Honda Odyssey down in Wallingford, but upon some research we learned that dealership only sells salvaged autos - so that turned into a bust!  But then I found what seemed to be a decent deal on another used 2012 Honda Odyssey - the only drawback was that it's located in Woburn, MA, which is about a two-hour drive away.  So I convinced Michael to take today off, we put AJ's car seat in the Civic and we were off to Woburn, MA to take a look at the van.  We got there and the van was right out front and it was super nice looking!!  We met with the car dealer who showed us the van and Michael was off for a test drive (I'm not a big fan of test drives so I made Michael go!  I trust his opinion!).  Once Michael came back, we talked about it and decided we wanted to make an offer.  And it just so happened that my friend, Buddy (aka Sarah) had a a service appointment on her car at the same dealership we were at at the same time we were there so she was able to help us by watching AJ while we wheeled and dealed with the car salesman.  After a bit of back and forth and a couple hours later, we walked away having purchased a used 2012 Honda Odyssey Touring Elite in Mocha Metallic.  Unfortunately, we haven't taken any pictures of our new ride yet, but don't worry - hopefully soon the new van will make an appearance on the blog.

Oh man... I'm a soccer mom now!!! AHHH!!!

AJ's first and last ride in the Silver Bullet.

Michael was super sad to see the Silver Bullet go.  In his words 'it's the last thing I had from my single life'. 

No comments:

Post a Comment