Friday, February 25, 2011

And the water works have begun!

The pregnancy hormones are definitely in full effect!  Yesterday, I went out for a bit with Kimmy, Katie-Bug and Allie-Cat.   And as we're driving along, Katie asked me if I could go back to the house with her and help her with a puzzle.  I explained to her that I couldn't go that afternoon because I had some errands to run, but before Kimmy and I went to our monthly photography meeting that night I could probably stop by and help her out with the puzzle.  Well, this was very sad news to Katie because she wanted me to go over that afternoon - she didn't want to have to wait until the evening.  So there I was sitting in the front passenger seat feeling super guilty because I was letting down my favorite two-year old niece.  And then the tears started coming.  It wasn't an all-out cryfest, but there was definitely one or two tears that had streamed down my cheeks.  I felt so guilty for not being able to help Katie out with her puzzle.  :(

Fast forward to that evening: I ended up falling asleep on the couch, which made me late in making dinner which in turn did not allow me to go over to Kimmy's house before our photography meeting.  And by this time, Katie had already forgotten about the whole puzzle situation from earlier so she didn't have a care in the world.  However, I had not forgotten about it.  And as I was on my way to the photography meeting, I was talking with my husband, Michael on my cell phone and we were discussing our days.  I was mentioning to him how I went out with Kimmy earlier in the day and how Katie asked me to help her with a puzzle, but that I couldn't make it there in the afternoon because of other errands I had to run.  And again, the water works began.  But this time, I was full-fledged crying because I felt so guilty that I let down my Katie.  Luckily I was able to compose my quickly as I was driving and needed to concentrate on the road... but man, those pregnancy hormones sure have kicked in!  I know I've always been a pretty sensitive person but now it's gotten like ten times worse.  These next 19 weeks sure will be interesting!! 

1 comment:

  1. They don't stop even after having the baby...I notice I am much more sensitive now.

    ReplyDelete